Current RN, PA, MD, DO, DDS, or DPM license
Current ACLS and/or PALS certification
The Learner will be able to:
- Use a pre-sedation competency checklist to self-evaluate current moderate sedation competencies.
- Define the levels of sedation.
- Discuss the Joint Commission guidelines for sedation.
- Identify critical elements of the patient preoperative assessment.
- List the four Mallampati classifications for airway assessment.
- Describe the various oxygen delivery systems and airway adjuncts.
- Discuss the pharmacology of common moderate sedation and reversal agents.
- Identify potential complications and appropriate treatment.
- Discuss pre and post-operative techniques in suggestibility and semantics.
- List the suggested sedative agents for case study #1, a 54 y/o male for colonoscopy.
- Describe the monitoring considerations for a 62 y/o female for a breast biopsy.
- Identify from the post-competency checklist the needed additional competency training and experience for safe and effective sedation.
Why be a CSRN™?
- They are a tremendous asset to the physician.
- They are knowledgeable of the medications used.
- They possess the skills to properly assess the patient’s condition.
- They can effectively intervene in the event of complications.
- They are knowledgeable of the regulations, protocols, and guidelines applicable:
- Patient monitoring.
- Drug administration.
- And aware of potential complications/emergencies before, during and after the procedure.
Gated Course Description:
- 8 parts of lecture and review videos, and two case studies.
- Course manual in PDF, Flipbook, or purchase a hardcopy separate.
- 50 question-cumulative exam, separated by 5 questions for each part.
- Pre and Post-Sedation Competency Assessment.
- Course is available with Internet Access through a PC or laptop, Downloadable program for PC, and Android devices. (Access with Apple devices coming soon!)
You will receive:
- Notification right away if you pass! Download/print your Contact Hours Certificate upon successful completion.
- Via USPS mail, your Certification in Moderate Sedation Certificate suitable for framing, can take up to 21 days for processing and shipping.
- Free one year membership with the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN) with a certificate suitable for framing and a membership card. Free CE credits available online with valid membership!
Course must be completed in 365 days from course registration.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
MyCEcredit is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Approved for 10 Contact Hours; Code # 5-133.
The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Physician category II CMEs.