Current RN, PA, MD, DO, DDS, or DPM license
Current ACLS and/or PALS certification
The Learner will be able to:
- Use a pre-sedation competency checklist to self-evaluate current moderate sedation competencies.
- Define the levels of sedation.
- Discuss the Joint Commission guidelines for sedation.
- Identify critical elements of the patient preoperative assessment.
- List the four Mallampati classifications for airway assessment.
- Describe the various oxygen delivery systems and airway adjuncts.
- Discuss the pharmacology of common moderate sedation and reversal agents.
- Identify potential complications and appropriate treatment.
- Discuss pre and post-operative techniques in suggestibility and semantics.
- Select medications and dosages for moderate sedation and patient rescue.
- Monitor ECG, Heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, and EtCO2
- Identify from the post-competency checklist the needed additional competency training and experience for safe and effective sedation.
Why be a CSRN™?
- They are a tremendous asset to the physician.
- They are knowledgeable of the medications used.
- They possess the skills to properly assess the patient’s condition.
- They can effectively intervene in the event of complications.
- They are knowledgeable of the regulations, protocols, and guidelines applicable:
- Patient monitoring.
- Drug administration.
- And aware of potential complications/emergencies before, during and after the procedure.
Gated Course Description:
- 8 parts of lecture and review videos, and two competency simulator cases.
- Course manual in PDF, Flipbook, or purchase a hardcopy separate.
- 50 question-cumulative exam, separated by 5 questions for each part.
- Pre and Post-Sedation Competency Assessment.
- Course is available with Internet Access through a PC or laptop, Downloadable program for PC, Apple and Android devices.
You will receive:
- Notification right away if you pass! Download/print your Contact Hours Certificate upon successful completion.
- Via USPS mail, your Certification in Moderate Sedation Certificate suitable for framing, can take up to 21 days for processing and shipping.
- Free one year membership with the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN) with a certificate suitable for framing and a membership card. Free CE credits available online with valid membership!
Course must be completed in 365 days from course registration.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider # CEP 15997 for 10 Contact Hours.
MyCEcredit is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Northeast Multistate Division Education Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Approved for 10 Contact Hours; Code # 5-133.
The American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses (ABCGN) has designated Sedation Certification and Clinical Competency as GI-Specific for 6.75 contact hours.
Physician category II CMEs.