Check back soon for upcoming class dates.
Current RN, PA, MD, DO, DDS license
Current ACLS and/or PALS certification
- 10 Continuing Education Credits for RNs and LPNs
- Certification is available to RNs, MDs and PAs
- LPN’s and Respiratory Therapists may take the workshop for CE Credits only and Receive a Certificate of Participation
- Comprehensive Certification Competency Manual
- Certification Application with Post Test and Answer Sheet
- Sample Monitoring Record
- Sample PACU Discharge Record
- Sample Informed Consent By
- Subliminal Bio-Rhythmic Music CD for Intra-op Listening to Improve patient outcome
- Each application requires a copy of professional license and current ACLS or PALS
- 1-year free membership in the American Association of Moderate Sedation Nurses (AAMSN)
The Learner will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between minimal sedation, moderate sedation, deep sedation, and general anesthesia.
- State 4 objectives/goals of sedation.
- Identify your institution’s policy regarding care of the patient undergoing sedation.
- Demonstrate care for the patient during pre-procedure, intra-procedure, and post-procedure phases of sedation.
- List the drugs, routes, and dosages for the drugs commonly used in moderate sedation.
- Discuss antidotes (dosage, side effects, indications) for commonly used drugs with sedation.
- Describe signs and symptoms of partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Demonstrate interventions to correct partial and complete airway obstruction.
- Identify side effects and contraindications to medications that have the potential to suppress a patient’s protective reflexes and respirations.
- Discuss the significance of utilizing the ASA classification during pre/post procedural pediatric and adult assessment.
- Integrate age-specific principles into care of the pediatric and geriatric patient undergoing moderate sedation.
- Document clearly, completely, and according to established standards, policies and instructions.
- Administer moderate sedation safely.
- Effectively manage complications which might arise during moderate sedation.
- Click here for Moderate Sedation Course Agenda
A $25 administration fee will be charged for all refunds. Telephone cancellations will be honored up to 5 business days before the meeting begins. Substitutions will be accepted, but must meet the ACLS, RN registration requirement.
In the event of a cancellation for any reason, but not limited to, registration response, strikes, acts of God, etc the liability of Healthy Visions shall be limited to full refund of registration fee.
Fee: $200.00 tuition
Hampton Inn Oak Ridge
208 S Illinois Ave
Oak Ridge TN 37830
Phone: (865) 482-7889